HIFU was then approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2009 for brow lifts. The device was also cleared by the FDA in 2014 to improve lines and wrinkles of the upper chest and neckline (décolletage).
High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU)
High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a relatively new cosmetic treatment for skin tightening that some consider a noninvasive and painless replacement for facelifts. It uses ultrasound energy to encourage the production of collagen, which results in firmer skin.
HIFU has many aesthetic benefits, including:
- Lifts & Tightens Cheeks
- Improve the Jawline
- Uplift Brows
- Turkey Neck
- Tighten Forehead
- Stubborn Fatty Area’s
- Improve Skin Elasticity & Facial Contour
- Reduce Marionette Lines
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Improve Skin Texture
What does HIFU feel like?
You may experience slight discomfort during an HIFU procedure. Some people describe it as tiny electric pulses or a light prickly sensation.
If you’re worried about pain, your doctor may suggest taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as ibuprofen (Advil), prior to treatment.
Immediately after the treatment, you may experience mild redness or swelling, which will gradually recede over the next few hours.
How Does it Work?
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) directly delivers heat energy to skin and subcutaneous tissue that can stimulate and renew the skin’s collagen and thus consequently improving the texture and reducing sagging of the skin
- It literally achieves the results of a face-lift or a body lifts without any invasive surgery or injections
- This technique can be applied to the face as well as the whole body, and also, it works equally well for people of all skin colors, in contrast to that of lasers and the intense pulse lights
- Get ready to say goodbye to sagging jaws, fine lines, wrinkles and cellulite
- HIFU doesn’t involve any creams, fillers or toxins; it just relies on your body’s own collagen-building process for natural, noticeable results
- HIFU energy penetrates much deeper than laser or RF energy, in an effort to affect superior tissue tightening and longevity of results by selectively targeting the superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS)
- These ultrasound waves penetrate deeper in to the tissues without affecting the epidermis and focus at a single point in the adipose tissue and cause thermal Injury